The Y. So Much More.
STILL SERVING OUR COMMUNITY.
Donate to the 2021 YMCA Annual Campaign.
>>WHAT IT IS
The YMCA Annual Campaign is a fundraising initiative that makes the Y available to people who cannot afford the cost of program and membership fees. By removing financial barriers, we are fulfilling our mission to make the Y available to ALL.
>>WHO IT HELPS
One hundred percent of Annual Campaign contributions go back into the community. The campaign makes it possible for children, families, seniors, neighbors and others to benefit from Y programs and memberships, regardless of their financial circumstances.
>>WHEN IT HAPPENS
Cultivation, stewardship and asking for major gifts occur year-round. Staff are asked for donations in November and board members are asked in January. The community campaign starts in the Spring.
>>WHY IT MATTERS
The YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne is a leading non-profit organization whose mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors.
>>BY THE NUMBERS
- In 2020, 26,800 people received financial assistance for memberships or programs in our YMCA association.
- 3 dollars are put back into our community for every dollar donated.
- 1 in 3 children in our childcare program receives financial aid, giving them a safe place to go before and after school.
- 96% of at-risk youth in our Youth Service Bureau programs avoid the juvenile justice system.
- 1 in 10 kids attending summer day camp utilize scholarships and are able to build new friendships.
Click here for Campaigner resources.