Engaging adults and children with sensory processing conditions can be a challenging task, especially since a lot of learning equipment can be unexciting or daunting. The outside world can be a challenging and stressful place where they don’t feel in control and this can significantly impact their development. Multisensory rooms were designed to change that. The Sensory Room at the Jackson R. Lehman Family YMCA was designed with the Y’s mission in mind which emphasizes making the Y available to ALL. The room has many benefits, including:
- Therapeutic space with specialized equipment
- Provides participants with personalized sensory input to help them calm and focus themselves to be better prepared to interact with others
- Safe environment overseen by trained staff
- A place to reduce tension and agitation while promoting individualized learning
- Specifically designed and utilized for soothing sensory stimulation
- Promotes relaxation and creates positive change
- Space for children to bond with their caregivers to form strong relationships to be carried into everyday life
Questions? Contact Matt Jenkins at 260.755.4949.
To download our brochure click here.