The YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne is a not for profit organization that is committed to protecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We keep your private information private by:
- Not sharing your information—You've entrusted us with your personal information, and we're committed to using it wisely. The YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne does not share, sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies or individuals.
- Using firewalls and encryption—We use firewalls and encryption technology to protect personal information on our computer systems.
- Restricting who has access to your information—We take precautions to ensure that your internet account and personal information are accessible only by employees with authorized access.
This policy applies to personal information that you provide to the Y, either through our websites and mobile application or in person at a YMCA branch or program site. This policy does not apply to your use of any unaffiliated site(s) to which this site links. This policy does not apply to Personal Health Information (“PHI”) collected through the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program or any other program offered by our organization that require the collection of PHI or other HIPAA protected information.
Personal Identification Information
When you create an online user account, you are required to provide certain identifying information. Additional information may be asked for, but not required. For purposes of applying for a membership or paying for a program, current credit card information will be required.
We may request personal identification information from you. In all of these cases, we will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us.
Information may include name, home address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, demographic information, sex-offender status, membership status, emergency contact information, and other information that we may need to collect in connection with certain events, including but not limited to:
- Registration for, or participation in, events, classes, camps, and other activities or programs offered by the Y;
- Participation in YMCA Nationwide Membership
- Registration for surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, or other services or activities offered on our website;
- Answering your inquiries about our websites organization, membership, or other services or activities;
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne does not rent or sell personal identification information, including information provided by children, to outside marketers. In certain circumstances, the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne may share personal identification information with trusted service providers that need access to your information to provide operational or other support services. We may share this aggregate statistical information with other third parties; to ensure the confidentiality and security of this information, service providers must agree to safeguard all information in strict compliance with our policy. We may also provide information to regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable law or when we otherwise believe in good faith that the law requires it.
When a donation is made online, we collect only enough information to process your donation and do not use the information for any other purpose. Your payment information is transmitted to us using a secure internet method that helps ensure the confidentiality of this information. During the time your payment information resides on our computers, it is an encrypted format and can only be accessed by authorized personnel with a decryption key.
Collection of Photographs
The Y may also collect your photograph, by capturing your image at a YMCA or scanning your personal identification card, for the purpose of identifying you as a member, volunteer or program participant. Your photograph will not be used for any commercial purpose without your authorization, and shall not be retained longer than three years from your last interaction with the Y.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We collect non-personal identification information through the use of the following types of methodology:
- "Cookie" technology: A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system to help enhance your experience in using our sites and to provide us with technical information about your usage.
- "IP address tracking": An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you are on the Internet. When you request pages from our Site, our servers log your IP address.
- "Web beacons": A Web beacon, or "clear gif," is a small graphic image on a webpage or web-based document that a website can use to determine information about a user.
Non-personal identification information might include the browser you use, the type of computer, technical information about your means of connection to our site (such as the operating systems and the internet service providers utilized), and other similar information. Our systems may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit and search terms you utilize on our site and about the links you may select from within our site to other areas of the World Wide Web or elsewhere online.
We use such information for our business purposes, and, in particular, primarily to administer the site, and, in the aggregate, to what technologies are being used so that we may continually improve our site.
EU Citizens have the right to have any and all information limited or deleted upon request by contacting our Corporate office at 260.422.6488 or emailing us at email@example.com. EU Citizen must give explicit consent to the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne for the collection of data.
Collection of Sensitive Information
Where necessary, YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne may collect certain sensitive information from you, including
- Payment card or bank account information to process fees or donations;
- Health information in connection with various fitness programs, programs in which we are responsible for supervising children, health screenings, or other health service events that we may provide from time to time.
Access to sensitive information is restricted to those individuals who have a legitimate need for access. We will not use or disclose your information to third-parties unless such disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the information is collected.
Privacy of Children
We are mindful that young people need special safeguards and privacy protection. We realize that children may not understand all the provisions of our policy or be able to make thoughtful decisions about the choices that are made available to our adult users. We strongly urge all parents to participate in their children's exploration of the internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
To provide the services we offer, we sometimes need to collect certain information including Personally Identifiable Information (PII) about children in both online and offline contexts. Personally Identifiable Information is info that can be used to uniquely identify, contact or locate a single person. If we ask for PII from children under 13 in connection with our online services, where required we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), including taking additional steps to protect the privacy of such information, including
- obtaining verifiable consent from the parent or legal guardian of the child before collecting or using the child’s PII;
- notifying parents about what PII is being requested and how that PII will be used and/or shared, such as through this policy;
- limiting the online collection of PII from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to accomplish the purpose of the collection;
- giving parents a description of and access to the PII we have collected from their children;
- offering them the opportunity to request that such PII be changed or deleted;
- offering them an opportunity to prevent any further use or collection of information about their children; and
- maintaining reasonable procedures to ensure the confidentiality, security and integrity of the personal information collected.
We may also need to collect certain information about children and minors in an offline context, such as when
- a parent or legal guardian of a minor signs up for a membership including the child at a local YMCA, or for a program or camp we offer at one of our locations; and
- minors visit our facilities without a membership, where we may collect information about them to be able to contact their parent or legal guardian to notify them of an injury or other issues involving the minor
Links to Other Sites
Users may find other content on our websites that link to the sites and services of other third-parties. We do not control the content or links appearing on these sites. Third-party sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing and may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party sites or services before providing any of them with your personal information.
If you opt-in to receive information from us, you can change your mind later. If at any time you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may change your options by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com). You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request, and we are unable to have your information removed from the records of any third-party who has been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
Personal Data Access and Accuracy
You may contact YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne with inquiries or complaints regarding the use of information about you. We will use reasonable efforts to grant reasonable requests to access data about the requester. We will also make reasonable requests to correct any incorrect or misleading data about the requester.
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne takes appropriate administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard against unauthorized processing of personal information, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information collected via the website. Access to information is restricted to employees who need to know information in the course of providing operations or services. However, YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne cannot provide an absolute guarantee of the security of any of our websites or any other site on the Internet.
Consent to Transfer
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Questions or Concerns
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
347 W. Berry Street, Suite 500
Fort Wayne, In 46802