at Caylor-Nickel Foundation Family YMCA
Engaging adults and children with sensory processing conditions can be a challenging task, especially since a lot of learning equipment can be unexciting or daunting. The outside world can be a challenging and stressful place where they don’t feel in control and this can significantly impact their development. Multisensory rooms were designed to change that. The Sensory Room at the Caylor-Nickel Foundation Family YMCA was designed with the Y’s mission in mind which emphasizes making the Y available to ALL. The room has many benefits, including:
- Provides participants with personalized sensory input to help them calm and focus themselves to be better prepared to interact with others
- A place to reduce tension and agitation while promoting individualized learning
- Specifically designed and utilized for soothing sensory stimulation
- Promotes relaxation and creates positive change
- Space for children to bond with their caregivers to form strong relationships to be carried into everyday life
Stop by the front desk to begin your experience today! (sign-ups are not required)
Questions? Contact Beth McConn at 260.565.9622.
To download our brochure click here.